Director of Cricket - are you the one?
Director of Cricket - Norwegian Cricket Federation
The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports
Norwegian Cricket Federation (NCF) is one of 54 national federations within The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports. Founded in 1994 NCF includes approximately 5000 members, 2100 of them active players spread out in 68 clubs throughout the country. Additionally, 25 teams participate in the youth league along with women activities. Norwegian cricket has over the past years experienced growth and development, both nationally and internationally. Norway is an Associate voting member with high potential growth member status and a specific relationship manager within ICC. The administration is located at the House of sports, Ullevaal Stadium in Oslo.
With NCFs increased recognition and growth, we are looking at exiting years ahead. Focusing on further development, both nationally and internationally, with an increasing number of team’s foundation and rapidly expanding on the youth and female side, NCF need to strengthen the organization and find the candidate to take this great project into the future. Are you the right person to take Norwegian cricket to the next level of performance, racing up the leagues, maintain and develop a good fundamental cricket structure?
Job title: Director of Cricket
Work place: House of sports, Ullevaal Stadium in Oslo, Norwegian Cricket Academy, Oslo and on the outdoor facilities
Duration: Two-year fulltime position, with the possibility for extension
Application deadline: 01.12.2018
Director of cricket (DOC) in the Norwegian Cricket Federation (NCF) reports to the General Secretary and the Board of the NCF.
The Director of cricket will be involved in all areas of the national teams, with close connection to club’s cricket, including development of youth and women’s cricket. The person will need to build upon the foundations that are in place and continue to grow and improve cricket at all levels in Norwegian cricket. The successful candidate is expected to form a link between the junior and senior sections, ensuring youngsters are being developed and integrated into senior cricket. An essential point of the NCF, applicants need to have good social, organizational, man-management and coaching skills.
NCFs national teams:
Overall responsibility for (a) national team programs, (b) participation in tournaments and (c) training for:
- Men’s national team
- Women’s national team
- U25/Academy national team
- U19 national team
- Implement and conduct weekly training plans for the national team and the Academy team
- Develop and implement a pathway program for the national teams
- Partaker for national teams selection, with transparent expectations and criteria’s
NCFs children, youth and talent development
Aid in the development, implementation and monitoring of the cricket programs, to fit the stated aims of the club in balance between cricket for all and the development of players to their full potential. Including the development of women’s Cricket. Design and run cricket camps/tournaments, including school holidays.
NCFs coaches and coach development
Improve and sustain the quality of cricket coaching across Norway, with coaching programs appropriate to the needs of the club. Develop and implement the coach’s pathway, to encourage new candidates and encourage existing coaches to move toward the next stage.
NCFs umpires and scorer’s development
Assist NCF's competence and organizational consultant to educate new umpires and scorers and develop the existing once.
NCFs cricket rules and regulations
Assist updating NCFs rules and regulations for the upcoming season.
NCFs player Development
Assist cricketers of all skill levels to improve their game by coordinating group, individual and specialist sessions as required, in close cooperation with the clubs. Set goals for representative players including a development pathway. Produce a professional attitude towards development, training & playing.
Talented Player Identification
Identify and promote talented cricketers from the wider community. Work with talented players through specialized skills sessions leading up to and during the season. Develop, implement and educate the HP-pathway.
- Current coaching accreditation relevant to cricket.
- Experience of coaching cricket to a high level in schools or clubs.
- Minimal ECB Level 2 with the committed to attend ECB Level 3 qualification or someone who has attained their ECB Level 3/overseas equivalent or above.
- Ability to work with a high degree of responsibility and organization.
- A strong and inspiring leader.
- A strong team player, leading their own team and integrating it with those in a broader organizational environment.
- A self-starter capable of creating new ideas and implementing them.
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently and within a team.
- Capable of planning and delivering against identified goals and work within a defined budget.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities, especially players, youngster both gender, club staff, coaches, umpires, parents and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism including punctuality.
- Basic computer skills including a preferred knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, or the ability to readily learn and absorb training.
- Committed to equality and diversity.
- Maintain a current Senior First Aid Certificate, preferable.
- A supporter of NCFs strategy, values of vision.
- Fluently in English.
- Great development opportunities, to bring Norwegian cricket to the next level.
- Flexible hours, however some evening and weekend work and travel to me expected.
- Exciting challenges within a federation focusing on quality and development in all ends.
- Be part of an environment where cricket is one of the fastest growing sports nationally.
- International cooperation within Europe.
- Salary, after agreement.
- Diplomas and certificate submitted with the application.
- First interview will take place via Skype if needed.
- Start date negotiable, but ideally early 2019.
Application including diplomas and certificates to be sent to General secretary, Gry Bruaas.
Additional question, we prefer to start with an e-mail. Do remember to share your phone number.
Connect with Gry Bruaas
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: + 47 970 95 755
Download job advertisement